[kde-edu]: Fwd: Timetable program

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Thu Apr 10 11:40:46 CEST 2003

Matthias Meßmer <bmlmessmer at web.de> [030410 10:33]:
> On Thursday 10 April 2003 02:02, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> > I think this would be rather useful for schools etc., but imho, this
> > program needs quite some UI work, a port to KDE instead of Qt, and of
> > course an active maintainer in order for being of value to KDE-Edu.
>
> Do you think it would fit into the KDE-Edu Project then? Isn't it a more
> Groupware ore Pim related program with special features for schools?

You are right. It is not a normal educational software. It is a software to
support an educational institution in creating a perfect timetable. I think
this tool wouldn't be of major interest for most KDE users. It would be good
to have something like that, but I don't like the idea as well to include
such a thing into the whole KDE distribution.

And no, a timetable program isn't a Groupware or Pim related program. It is
a program to manage several ressources (rooms, teachers, pupils) and to
produce with these ressources courses. You may also need some equipment like
video recorder, flip chart or something like that.

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,