spontaneous and uncontrolled changes in volume output

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Feb 11 15:29:10 GMT 2023

vincentm ha scritto:
> hello the team, i'm using ubuntu studio
>
> it's good and ok but somewhat unstable (i've been a user of KDE system for
> many years now)
>
> mainly about the very simple jack sink pulse out audio volume controls
>
> regularly (every  15 minutes) there is a change in the volume controls,
> suddenly evrything goes down and I have to open the system and manually set
> the volume back.

Hello,

this is the mailing list of the writers of the user documentation of the KDE
community, so I'm not sure we can provide you an answer.
>From my personal experience, I remember an issue with pulseaudio increasing
the volumes
(https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/issues/691) which was
fixed globally or locally by distributions, but I don't remember if that could
show with volumes lowering
Bt without any information on the exact distribution version there is no much
that can be done.

You should probably contact the support channels of your distribution.

--
Luigi