question on man page details

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 13 23:26:58 BST 2022

Jack Ostroff ha scritto:
> I'm updating the man page for kmymoney, and I note that "kmymoney --help"
> lists several command line options not listed in the man page (-h, --help,
> --help-all, -v, --version, --author, --license, --desktopfile <file name>).
> Should these be included, or are they considered common/standard enough that
> they do not warrant mention?
>
> Thanks for any info or pointers to anything I apparently missed while searching.

At the end of the generate manpage you should have:

SEE ALSO
           The full documentation for KMyMoney is maintained as a docbook
manual.  If the KHelpCenter program is properly installed at your site, the
command khelpcenter
           help:/kmymoney should give you access to the complete manual.
Alternatively the manual can be browsed in Konqueror giving it the URL
help:/kmymoney

           kf5options(7)
           qt5options(7)

The latter links contains the common options you mentioned.

--
Luigi