how to view newly processed help files

David Bryant davidbryant at gvtc.com
Thu Oct 28 20:53:31 BST 2021

On Wednesday, October 27, 2021 4:31:11 PM CDT Jack Ostroff wrote:
> Can anyone suggest where to start looking for relevant config
> differences between users?

I've been playing around with this, and stumbled across a very inelegant, yet
simple, solution. For me, at least, running khelpcenter as root makes
everything work OK. There are several ways to do this ... the easiest one (for
me) on Gentoo is to issue some terminal commands.

/bin/su - root
(enter password at prompt)
cd /home/docfolder (wherever I've used meinproc5 to build new documentation)
dbus-launch khelpcenter index.html

Maybe we can eventually track down the bug. For now, this workaround should
work for some of you. (In my experience, some Linux platforms -- notably Arch
Linux -- won't let me do this. I suppose it might work with "sudo". Maybe I'll
try that sometime, when I have one of my alternate OS setups booted up.)
--
David Bryant
Canyon Lake, Texas