Problem finding klipper docs (locally)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 8 21:25:29 BST 2020

Yuri - thanks for the quick response.

On 2020.09.08 14:09, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> вівторок, 8 вересня 2020 р. 20:46:37 EEST Jack написано:
>> If I launch the clipboard widget (klipper), click "Configure
>> Clipboard," and then click the "Help" button, I get the dreaded
>> "Documentation not Found" page I wrote in 2014.  (I just discovered
>> this because someone sent me a message because my email address is
>> on that page as the author.)  He's on Suse Tumbleweed, and I'm on
>> Gentoo, so I don't think it's a packaging problem.
> >
>> However, if I open khelpcenter and search for klipper (how is
>> someone to know that "klipper" is the name of the "clipboard"
>> widget?) the documentation is present.
> >
>> So, I'm wondering if Klipper is actually calling KHelpCenter with
>> the wrong name for the doc it is looking for.
> Sure. The KConfigDialog window is for KCMs, so the "Help" button
> tries to load help:/kcontrol(5)/klipper, but the docs are stored for
> help:/klipper.
That makes sense.  How easily can that be fixed, and does it need a bug
filed, and if so, against which component?

>> Separately, when that happens, there is no way to know what page
>> KHelpCenter was asked to find.  Would that be a useful enhancement
>> to request?  (Showing the name of the doc requested when it can't be
>> found.)
> I think so.
Bug 426311 filed.

>> I'll also probably try to update the "Documentation not Found" page
>> to add a note not to contact the author of the page for help, as he
>> will just tell you to follow the instructions on the page.
I finally found the source of that page, buried under kio, but several
changes (such as adding a <tip>) are rejected by checkXML5 as not
following the DTD.  It's using kdedbx45.dtd, so I'm not sure why a
<tip> wouldn't be allowed.

Jack