D27973: kcddb 6

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 11 23:12:20 GMT 2020

aacid added a comment.

  In D27973#625703 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27973#625703>, @sitter wrote:

  > Looks reasonable.
  >  Do you think it'd make sense to mark the remaining classes deprecated? If the long term goal is to drop the lib entirely and have people use musicbrainz directly I figure we should communicate that.

  I agree and disagree :)

  I think libkcddb needs to die, since it's basically built around the cddb service which is shutting down, i mean the musicbrainz support was optional until this change.

  Otherwise I'm not sure if suggesting people to use libmusicbrainz directly is the best idea and maybe we need something intermediate? I mean if you look at MusicBrainzLookup::calculateDiscId that's something i wouldn't want everyone to have to implement themselves

REPOSITORY
  R348 KCDDB Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D27973