Script to set KSnapshot sizes easier than dragging a box

Alexander Whang alexander.whang at disneyanimation.com
Tue Jul 14 17:11:43 BST 2020

Hello,
I've been using KSnapshot for screengrabs and I've been trying to
standardize my screengrabs for a more polished and consistent presentation.

Currently, when I use the KSnapshot Capture mode:Rectangular Region, I need
to click two opposing corners of the area that I'm interested in BUT, I
then need to tug and pull at the corners to get the exact image size that I
want (E.G. 850x850).  As you can imagine, this is tedious and time
consuming especially if I need multiple images each time.

I was wondering if there was a simple plug-in or adjustment that could be
made so I could input my window size prior to clicking the Take a New
Snapshot, so a window would pop up pre-sized.  Then I could just drag the
box over the areas that I wanted captured.

It would also be great if that size field could hold / remember the last 5
or 6 sizes in a drop-down which would allow me to pre-set a few different
formats.

Please let me know if this is something that you have already addressed and
how I may accomplish this, or if it's something that you would consider as
a feature to add to an already very handy application.

Kindest regards,
Alex Whang