D26291: rework of keyboard widgets focus

Toni Asensi Esteve noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 27 23:18:49 GMT 2020

asensi added a comment.

  > So we have to consider that CTRL+UP/DOWN cannot be used anymore as before and users may complain about it. However, this did
  >  also not work for the embedded terminal (see bug report) and for the sidebar before this patch.

  Well, without applying the current proposal, in the tests that I have just performed, if you need to use the embedded terminal emulator: it's handy to press e.g. Ctrl+Alt+E to show it, and then press Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down for going to the embedded terminal and back.

  I've seen that a problem appears if the so-called "Command Line" is also shown, then Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down don't work as before. It's not usual to see that, as that Command Line does not offer the services that the embedded terminal and, at least in my case, the embedded terminal is preferred //(because e.g. the results of the executed commands are shown in the same Krusader window and stay there for next operations)//.

  The good thing would be that Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down were allowed to e.g. keep on leading to the embedded terminal and back.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D26291