Task Switcher doc update

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Dec 23 07:10:44 GMT 2020

середа, 23 грудня 2020 р. 05:43:59 EET Peter Wilding написано:
> Hello, this is my first attempt at contributing to the documentation, so
> please redirect me as needed.

Hi,

Yes, this is the right place. :)

> According to the documentation on how to
> contribute documentation, the easiest way to get started is to send a
> plaintext update to this list, so that's what I'm doing!  I would be
> happy to contribute directly via git, but I could use some help finding
> the repo that contains this particular set of documentation.

It is here.

https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/blob/master/doc/kwintabbox/index.docbook

Actually, you can edit it just in place then create a merge request.

Just if you want to do it by yourself,

1. Register on gitlab (the "Sign in" button in the top right corner of the
page).
2. Click on the "Edit" button and create your own fork of the repo.
3. Implement your vision of the manual.
4. Create a merge request with some appropriate title.

> For the Task Switcher (System Settings -> Task Switcher), I found the
> existing documentation to be a bit sparse.  After a lot of trial and
> error I have a pretty good understanding of how all the Task Switcher
> settings work, and so I wrote up new documentation to reflect this
> information.

Many thanks for your work.

> The new text is below -- please let me know what next
> steps would be.

It depends on what is the best way for you.

1. I can create a merge request for your work.

2. You can adopt the docs yourself and create a merge request to discuss
(please remove the second "way" in "way way" then).

So what is your choice? ;)

> Thank you all!
>
> -Pete

Thanks again for your contribution, best regards and Merry Christmas,
Yuri