D23001: For the "kde4" branch: 08 - Update the synchronizer.docbook file because of the latest changes REVIEW: 124335

Davide Gianforte noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 14 14:46:29 BST 2019

gengisdave added a comment.

  I personally think that the original repo could be used, my perfect solution would be a scratch repo. But (this is a big but) the target of this set of patches shouldn't be a normal user but a distro packager, and we must show big warning saying that this does not mean that the developing is active and only trivial patches for critical bugs could be backported; sometime a single-line patch cannot be backported because all the logic around was changed, or the backport does not fix at all or even worse. Also, because the development is closed, no bugs should be reported because the first answer would be "can you try on a newer version?".

  While some devs are planning the arrival of qt6/kf6, I would know why a distro is sticked to qt4/kde4 (and I use Slackware), I would check if there is a planned switch to plasma or if the distro packaging is abandoned or if exists a newer release of the distro.

  That said, this set of patches is very short and they are an (almost) copy of the original commits but I would talk to the distro devs first.

REPOSITORY
  R167 Krusader

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D23001