Workflow with orig doc on userbase

danders at get2net.dk danders at get2net.dk
Tue Nov 19 08:49:02 GMT 2019

Albert Astals Cid skrev den 2019-11-17 19:09:
> El dimarts, 5 de novembre de 2019, a les 11:02:05 CET,
> danders at get2net.dk va escriure:
>> Hi, I have calligraplan doc on userbase, still very much WIP but it
>> would be nice to know how things are meant to work to get dco included
>> in release and updated on docs.kde.org.
>>
>> Since it is WIP, and is likely to be for considerable time, I would
>> like
>> to know what options I have.
>
> So you want to convert an userbase wiki to docbook?
>
> I guess you want
> https://userbase.kde.org/How_To_Convert_a_UserBase_Manual_to_Docbook
> (no idea how up to date or working that is)
Well, I would like to know how documentation is handled when the
original is on userbase, so that I can make the right decisions in the
future.
My problem is that the manual is very much wip so I would have liked to
be able to make "branches" of the doc that matched git branches.
I can *guess* that the way is to generate a docbook and include it into
the git branch, but I would like to *know*.
Also, how is tranlations handled. Are they also generated from userbase?

Cheers, Dag