Call for Participation in Google Season of Docs 2019

Ivana Isadora Devcic isadora at kde.org
Mon Mar 18 17:03:23 GMT 2019

Dear KDE Documentation Team,

as you probably already know, Google has recently launched the Season of
Docs initiative [1]. The idea is to bring technical writers and Free and
open source communities together, and foster collaboration on software
documentation.

We would love to have KDE join the initiative, because we regularly - and
successfully! - participate in Google Summer of Code. By participating in
Season of Docs, we would give visibility to your team and your work; show
that we care about documentation and understand its importance; get the
opportunity to improve our documentation; and last but not least, attract
new non-coding contributors.

If you would like to be part of this initiative (as administrators,
mentors, or just providing general feedback and guidance), please join the
Matrix channel created by Neofytos from the Onboarding team:

https://webchat.kde.org/#/room/%23kde-sod:kde.org

We've started throwing around some basic ideas for our projects in the
channel, and your insights and expertise would be more than welcome.

Our project(s) should be something that the KDE documentation can benefit
the most from in the long-run, and have actionable goals that the technical
writers can achieve in those three months they'll be working with us.

Some key information for the first phase:

- We need to have at least two administrators in order to participate
- We can submit two projects; Google has some examples [2]
- Submission period for projects: April 2, 2019 at 20:00 UTC to April 23,
2019 at 20:00 UTC
- We'll find out whether KDE has been accepted on April 30, 2019 at 12:00
UTC

We hope you will join us, and we look forward to KDE's first Season of Docs
ever! :)

Best regards,
Ivana Isadora Devcic

[1] - https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/