setup utility password

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Jun 15 12:01:54 BST 2019

субота, 15 червня 2019 р. 12:25:17 EEST Jose Ruiz написано:
> I wish to download a new Linux program and BIOS ask me for a password (
> setup utility password) I don't know I have not idea of this password.
>
> Could you help me out so I can download  my Linux mint 19.1
>
> Thank you
>
> Jose

Hi,

AFAIK, there are no known PC models with preinstalled password-protected BIOS.
The BIOS password is defined by user. So you can either recall the password
you have defined in the BIOS or reset the password by removing battery from
motherboard (please consult your computer's manual for further instructions).

The username/password for the live Mint is "mint"/"" (just press the Enter key
after typing "mint" (without quotes) into the "Username" field).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri