Time - how to get 24 hour in calendar?

Arthur Torrey arthur_torrey at comcast.net
Wed Jun 12 22:34:25 BST 2019

I don't know if this is a docs issue or a problem with Korganizer-calendar, or KDE as a whole... Feel free to pass it on if there are better people to handle it....

I'm a long-time GNU/Linux user and FSF member, but not a programmer.  I am currently running KDE on Debian

I want to use 24 hour time, not the AM-PM system - but there is NO visible option to set that in the system configuration, or calendar configuration dialogs.

The calendar also starts on MONDAY not SUNDAY as is the standard in the United States...  Again if there is a visible way to set this I can't find it.

If a way exists, it is NOT in the documentation you get with the help button....

I think the entire setup approach in regards to localization is incredibly hostile and user UN-Friendly if one wants anything other than the standards of a particular country...

It used to be that you had a top level where you picked a country for localization, and got a set of defaults that (hopefully) worked for most users in that country.  If you wanted to change an item you got a box for each item that let you directly specify the desired symbols / formats (possibly requiring some coding using documented codes)  Now, you just get a LONG list of countries - with NO information about which one(s) MIGHT use the format / character set / etc. that you desire.  This is seriously the pits.....

Can you fix the documentation and / or programming to get the old behavior back?

Thanks,
ART
Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey at comcast.net>

kde-doc-english at kde.org