D22836: Fix checking dirs for metainfo.yaml with non-ascii chars with Python 2.7

Pino Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 30 21:05:28 BST 2019

pino added a comment.

  Let me add one more thing: I understand you care about API docs, about making them available for our users on api.kde.org, and about giving the best impression possible about them (I remember various patches about that in the past).

  I just don't agree with the "how" in his occasion: we have the solution for this, which is "switch to Python 3". The alternative solution, ie keeping things working on Python 2, is just adding more code for something that people will use less and less in the future, and will leave only api.kde.org the real user of kapidox running on Python 2 in a year or so, which I don't think it is a great idea.

REPOSITORY
  R264 KApiDox

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22836