D22836: Fix checking dirs for metainfo.yaml with non-ascii chars with Python 2.7

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 30 20:55:12 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D22836#504358 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22836#504358>, @pino wrote:

  > Oh dear, and what about switching the api generation to Python 3 instead?

  Nobody is stopped to work on that. I am not a Python expert, I just providing here the small fix which fall off from me local testing at why the build fails. Which also includes testing whether the bug reproduced locally also is seen with Python3 (it is not). Sorry if I left out this details here, they had been mentioned on #sysadmin <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/sysadmin/>.

  > This fix could "potentially" just buy some more time, and not solve the issue of keep using Python 2 further.

  Keeping things broken has not worked to make you switch api.kde.org to Python3, right? ;) I do not think anyone is buyin g time here. It is fixing something which is broken now.

REPOSITORY
  R264 KApiDox

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22836