T11096: First-class user & developer documentation centralized on a portal

Isadora D. noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 24 22:34:33 BST 2019

skadinna added a comment.

  These past few days I've been looking into transforming and improving this proposal based on the feedback I received during last week's office hours. I have also tried to realistically assess my upcoming obligations for the next 6 months or so. Unfortunately, I don't think I would be able to fully commit to leading this goal if it were selected. :( It would be unfair to drag everyone down and waste people's time by promising and planning something, and then failing to deliver meaningful work.

  From my point of view, it seems best to archive this proposal now, and consider reviving it at some other time. We already have several fantastic proposals that are much better-defined than this one. Besides, we can continue working on improving the documentation and KDE's information architecture outside of the goals framework.

  Alternatively, if anyone is interested in taking over and pursuing this idea, or merging it with another proposal, please feel free to do so. If you'd like, I'll gladly have a call with you to help you shape it and tell you more about the details I had in mind.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11096