"Help" file for KNetAttach

Scott scw189 at cox.net
Sat Jan 5 13:24:52 GMT 2019

In trying to use the 'Add Network Folder' user 'Samba Shares' to connect
to  a network Windows 10 machine, the screen has entry boxes for
'Name:', 'Server:' and 'Folder:'.

The box says 'Enter a name for this /Microsoft Windows network drive /as
well as a server address and folder path to use and press the save and
connect button.'

I enter for the Name field 'Inspiron' (its a Dell Inspiron 3252 machine)

I enter for the Server Address field: '192.168.1.13' (the ip address of
the Inspiron machine)

I enter for the Folder field 'Users' (the shared folder on the Windows
10 Inspiron machine)

Clicking the 'Save & Connect' button gives an error message: 'Unable to
connect to server. Please check your settings and try again.' At no
point is any information given about which field is causing the error
message nor any suggested format information. Clicking on the 'HELP'
button at the bottom of the screen pulls up the Chapter 3. KNetAttach
Walkthrough manual which only shows an example of connecting to an FTP
server. There is no explicit help for connecting with the Microsoft
Windows network drive option. So there is no details on the formats
expected for the Name, Server and Folder entry boxes.

Note that all this worked in Linux 18.3. But now does not in Li nux 19.
(On-line help has been no help.)

Scott W.