Edit kcharselect ?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Feb 27 17:31:14 GMT 2019

середа, 27 лютого 2019 р. 16:50:50 EET Internet Privacy Advocate написано:
> How do you create your own custom pallet of characters you commonly use?
> For example "¢"
>
> Also this may be off the subject but I notice KDE apps like KATE, Basket,
> and KNotes don't accept Unicode entries, so it's very important to be able
> to create a custom pallet.

Hi,

If you are using relatively new distribution you can bookmark bookmark the
pages with your favorite characters (the "Bookmark" menu).

The other ways to fix your problem is using the Compose key:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1095339/how-can-i-input-unicode-characters-in-kate-and-konsole-on-kubuntu-18-04

or using the input methods:

https://mike-fabian.github.io/ibus-typing-booster/
https://github.com/salty-horse/ibus-uniemoji
https://github.com/clarkgrubb/latex-input

The other simplest solution is to have a note plasmoid on your desktop or
panel (Configure panel button -> Add widgets) with your favorite set of the
characters. Then you can open it with one click and copy the needed character.

If you are not satisfied with these options you can create a wish against
KCharSelect:

https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=kcharselect

but first it would be good to think over how this can be implemented in the
most convenient for the user way.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri