D18744: Add action in Edit menu to select the current page

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 13 18:55:44 GMT 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Please test your changes. The new menu is not actually added to the Edit menu and the shortcut you chose conflicts with the print shortcut.

INLINE COMMENTS

> pageview.cpp:740
> +    QAction *selectCurrentPage = new QAction( this );
> +    selectCurrentPage->setIcon( QIcon::fromTheme( QStringLiteral( "edit-select-all" ) ) );
> +    ac->addAction( QStringLiteral("Select Current Page"), selectCurrentPage );

This icon is already used for the Select All action, and we don't want to re-use the same icon for two actions in the same menu. Let's remove it.

> pageview.cpp:741
> +    selectCurrentPage->setIcon( QIcon::fromTheme( QStringLiteral( "edit-select-all" ) ) );
> +    ac->addAction( QStringLiteral("Select Current Page"), selectCurrentPage );
> +    connect( selectCurrentPage, &QAction::triggered, this, &PageView::slotSelectPage );

The correct text here would be "Select all text on current page"

> pageview.cpp:743
> +    connect( selectCurrentPage, &QAction::triggered, this, &PageView::slotSelectPage );
> +    ac->setDefaultShortcut(selectCurrentPage, QKeySequence(Qt::CTRL + Qt::Key_P));
> +    addAction( selectCurrentPage );

Erm, that's the shortcut used for printing. Did you test this?

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18744