D23415: Improve comprehensibility and consistency of window placement mode names

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 27 16:27:35 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  >And "Smart" is a bad name because unlike all the other window placement modes, it is a generic meaningless term whose name does not explain or hint at what it will do

  Yes and no, it has one crucially important hint. It indicates "unless you want something special, you want this one", which the new string doesn't do.

  ---

  As for the other changes, go for it.
  Especially the one that brings rules and placement KCMs in sync, that's a clear bug fix.

  > Also I don't think renaming the enums is a good idea:

  Ack. There's a separation between config keys and UI facing terms anyway for capitalisation - may as well keep it as having a separation there, and keep enums and config values in sync.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D23415