T11426: Move away from LiquidThreads in the wikis

Carl Schwan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 21 12:22:44 BST 2019

ognarb created this task.
ognarb added projects: Documentation, Websites, VDG.

TASK DESCRIPTION
  The LiquidThreads extension is not maintained anymore, we should move away from it. This result in bug like this: T11425 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T11425> (php warning when searching on techbase)

  New tool
  --------

  Discussion tool are important, so we should find a replacement. Multiple propositions:

  - Simple wiki talk page without fancy thread
    - Pro: Already existing, integrated with the wiki
    - Cons: No ping, no structure
  - Matrix/IRC chat:
    - pro: easy to chat, ping
    - cons: not integrated with the wiki, no 'task' management
  - Gitlab:
    - pro: task management, ping
    - cons: not integrated with the wiki

  Archiving the old content

  When we are moving to a new tool, we will need to archive the old content. We need to find a solution.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11426