D18744: Add action in Edit menu to select the text on current page

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 1 22:28:24 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D18744#438675 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18744#438675>, @shubham wrote:

  > Do not delete area

  Interestingly, setPageTextSelection() deletes area (without making it nullptr). Shouldn’t this side effect be documented (in another patch)?

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in pageview.cpp:5587
> I don't think we should be copying to the clipboard.
>
> selectAll() isn't doing it, so this function doing it would be strage usability wise.

The other selection tools copy to clipboard. Maybe Select All should do so too, because the selection can not be used any other way than Menu -> Edit -> Copy. (Other way: e. g. right click -> Search With DuckDuckGo)

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18744