formatting clock display

Jos Balka Jos at Balka.nl
Wed Sep 5 12:13:44 BST 2018

Hi team,
Nice work :-)

Q: In the older kde versions, one could enter a custom time format for the
digital clock in the desktop bar at the bottom of the screen. Now one can only
select between predefined formats.
E.g. I'd like to see the name of the day in my clock display. (I work on  an
irregular schedule so sometimes it is nice to have a reminder of what day it
is. ) I have used this option for years. It looked something like:
"Tue 2018-09-05".

Now there is no name of the day in the clock unless one uses the long format.
But that format is overkill: it uses the long format for both the name of the
day and the name of the month. Is there a way to get the nice abbreviated
format back? Or is it hidden somewhere?

Thanks.
JB