D16352: Contents items expanding issue

Aleksei Nikiforov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 21 15:14:45 BST 2018

i.Dark_Templar added a comment.

  I've seen it. Linked change fixes different issue:

  If you open in the contents tree item "KInfoCenter Modules" and then any appearing item (let's take for example "Device Viewer"), a subtree appears in contents tree for opened item ("Device Viewer").

  However, if you open those generated items, all of the items from appearing subtree are leading to "KInfoCenter" index page instead of corresponding page they are named for. For example try clicking/double clicking "The Default KInfoCenter Modules" (or it's subitem "System Information Module").

  If you open "Application Manuals" -> "System" -> "Info Center", same subtree appears there, but if you click same mentioned items, they open corresponding pages instead of "KinfoCenter" index page. I mean, if you try opening "System Information Module" subitem, "System Information Module" page is opened.

  It looks like at those items that don't work correctly, URL is malformed. It looks like "help:/kinfocenter#kcm/something" or "help:/kinfocenter#memory/something" instead of "help:/kinfocenter/something" (I don't remember exact URLs, but it looks something like this).

  Malformed URL is generated by taking URL from "KInfoCenter" subitems which looks like "help:/kinfocenter#kcm" and so on, and just appending page address, which forms as already mentioned "help:/kinfocenter#memory/something" (page "help:/kinfocenter", fragment "memory/something"). To fix it the fragment "#kcm" (and others) have to be stripped when such URL is formed. And it would result into "help:/kinfocenter/something" instead.

  And as you may see, after applying linked change, there will be multiple "KInfoCenter" subtrees in contents tree. In order to merge them into one subtree (and thus get rid of duplicates), there's one more change proposed: https://phabricator.kde.org/D16308

REPOSITORY
  R125 KHelpCenter

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16352