D15880: Khelpcenter menu does not work (some parts of TreeView not expanded)

Luigi Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 5 10:16:34 BST 2018

ltoscano added a comment.

  In D15880#337040 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15880#337040>, @yurchor wrote:

  > In D15880#337039 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15880#337039>, @ltoscano wrote:
  >
  > > In D15880#337038 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15880#337038>, @yurchor wrote:
  > >

  > > > Ok. I failed to install Arcanist in Mageia properly as well (its dependencies required more space than was free on my root partition). Will my patches be excluded from now on?
  > >
  > > You have a commit account and you can land your own patch. But that means that they will lack the metadata information (who reviewed it and so on) unless you spend time manually copying the commit message from phabricator.
  > >
  > > That said, you don't need to "install" arcanist in your root partition. If you check the generic instruction, you basically need to clone two repositories and point the PATH to one of them. That's what I have been doing for almost two years.
  >

  > I guess I understand better why we have not that many developers these days. Those who prefer the pure command line, full-fledged PHP on a workstation and vim would never use KDE.

  I'm not sure about this statement and I'm not sure about the implication. There is nothing about vim here.
  You mentioned `git diff`, which is a command line tool.
  If I need to talk about stereotypes, hardcore vim+pure command line user are said to be allergic to PHP, so that category of people that you mentioned should not really exist.
  And non-hardcore vim and command line users, which seems to be the category you think may contribute to KDE stuff, do not probably care about another interpreter installed locally. At least, this was not a problem when people asked on IRC about how to send patches. If the problem is the PHP dependency we can team up with other phabricator user and make git-phab (in python) working again, but no one seemed to find this an high priority.

  Anyway, we are going off topic, but I invite you to reconsider how much this is a real problem.

REPOSITORY
  R125 KHelpCenter

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15880