THANKS

Tudor-John Greenwood tjgreenwood at telkomsa.net
Mon May 7 10:09:34 UTC 2018

Greetings Team,

KDE is a magnificent resource, thank you for all your hard work and
dedication to produce and continually improve it.

K3b was the first K application I used a few years ago. It is
excellent, and convinced me to switch to the KDE.

KStars is another favourite of mine. I am a rank amateur with no
optical equipment, but have been interested in space and astronomy
since childhood. For decades I have been very frustrated by my
inability to make sense of star charts so as to navigate the night sky.
KStars has opened up a whole new perspective for me, and I continue to
learn daily. The addition of constellation art and the manual have been
very helpful.

LibreCAD has proved to be extremely useful. It has sufficient features
to be a very competent and productive application, and because it cuts
out the mind-boggling complexity of the 3D competition you can be up
and running within a short time frame.

If I may make a suggestion, would it be posible to reconfigure Discover
to run faster? The actual downloading process is fine, but the
selection of updates and other packages to download is painfully slow.
Ubuntu has no such problem.

Kind regards,

John Greenwood

DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA