D13450: Add arrow keys to move and resize selection rectangle

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 18 15:21:52 BST 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  In D13450#294047 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13450#294047>, @rkflx wrote:

  > I still disagree regarding the default speed selection. We determined by looking at other apps that [⇧] is the modifier to use, and I argued (in line with what I meant when triaging the bug) that for making the rectangle feature useful for keyboard users by default the movement should be fast. BTW, this is also what KWin is doing, and I see no reason at all why Spectacle should deviate from that standard. (See above for even more arguments.) I don't feel comfortable approving the current default, sorry.

  Fixed. The default movement - [Arrows] alone - is `largeChange`, and [⇧] + [Arrows] is a single pixel move.

  > To summarize, here's what I propose: If we can reach agreement on the default and you are fast with the string changes still required, the patch can go in for the Beta. Then you have time to work on the other points until the RC (at which point we have to decide whether to ship or to revert again, based on your progress)

  The help text box has been reformatted to match the prior layout. `Esc` has been moved to the bottom of the list. Also, the docbook entry for this patch has been rewritten and is hopefully clearer and more consistent.

  ---

  You suggested multiple changes to the `checkBounds` function, all of which I understand and agree with. This function caused me the most heartburn and I feel uncomfortable attempting to rework it while under a time crunch. Unfortunately, this leaves the `0x0px` resize and the "cannot resize when expanded to full screen` bugs unresolved.

REPOSITORY
  R166 Spectacle

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D13450