questions on ebn results

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 24 22:44:29 UTC 2018

I'm working on updating the docbooks for KMyMoney for our upcoming 5.0
release, and I'm looking at the ebn results
(http://ebn.kde.org/sanitizer/reports/extragear/office/kmymoney/index.html)
and am really wondering what's going on.

I'll stick to only the first section: "Checking for well-formed XML...
OOPS! 1 issue found!"  except it lists quite a few items.  I figure
once I solve them, many of the rest will go away, or I'll at least have
a better idea how to attack them.  Also, I've actually fixed several of
themalready, but just not yet pushed the updated docbooks in git.

The first item says:

In line
126
: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdedbx45.dtd"
]>gt;

How it is counting line numbers, as that reference is actually on the
second line of index.docbook?  That line completely matches the line
from template.docbook from kdoctools, so why would it fail to load the
entity?  Is it perhaps still trying to compile it against the KDE4
environment instead of the newer frameworks stuff?

The second item is:

In line
128
: Entity 'language' not defined
gt;

but &language is on line 93 of index.docbook, and again, matches the
line in template.docbook.

Most of the entries end with the same last line "]>gt;" which seems to
me to be a display or encoding issue - some oddity with the ebn pages?

Thanks for any pointers to get me started understanding (and fixing)
these.

Jack