D9667: Update KMouth docbook to kf5

Jeremy Whiting noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 5 14:54:01 UTC 2018

whiting requested changes to this revision.
whiting added a comment.

  Looks good to me except for the flite bits. I'll go remind my self how to tell QtSpeech to use the flite backend/plugin, but it's definitely optional.

INLINE COMMENTS

> index.docbook:247
> +        On a Debian based system you need the packages flite, libflite1, speech-dispatcher-flite,
> +        libqt5texttospeech5 and qtspeech5-flite-plugin.

I guess I misled you about how this works. flite is not required for speech synthesis with QtSpeech to work.

QtSpeech has 2 plugins on linux, speech-dispatcher is the default, but there's also a flite plugin that uses flite directly. (Flite can also be used via speech-dispatcher, which makes it more confusing imo, but that's another story). So to use QtSpeech you just need qtspeech and speech-dispatcher and one of the speech-dispatcher modules. All distributions I have checked install one of the speech-dispatcher modules when you install speech dispatcher, iirc most use espeak, but there are many.

&tldr; flite packages listed here are optional, not required and wont be used unless QtSpeech is configured to use the flite plugin instead of the default speech-dispatcher plugin.

REPOSITORY
  R430 KMouth

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9667