png editing suggestion

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 1 00:58:30 UTC 2018

On 2018.01.31 19:40, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Jack ha scritto:
>> Can someone recommend a relatively simple application for minor
>> editing of png files for a docbook manual?  At minimum, I need to
>> crop some images.  Being able to overlay small amounts of text is
>> also useful.  I know I can use GIMP for this, but it seems to take
>> me lots of time to relearn it every time I need to do something
>> simple.
> Kolourpaint should do the job.
Thanks.  I also found pinta (although not a KDE app)

>> The cause here is that Spectacle has captured a number of
>> screenshots (active window) with some type of border around the
>> windows, which I think should be removed before using.  (This is
>> something outside the regular  window border.)  Any hints on why
>> spectacle might be acting up would also be welcome, but  I'll raise
>> that as a separate issue at a later time.
> Maybe that's the space for the shadows, I see it too.
It shows up as a white and gray checkerboard, which I seem to recall
seeing as the background of some icons, and I wonder if it is meant to
specify transaprent?

One of my problems is that if I tell spectacle to capture the window
under cursor, when I click "Take a New Screenshot" the spectacle window
disappears and never comes back, no matter what I click and whether I
have a time delay or use "On Click."  I have to kill the spectacle
process.  So, I'm using Active Window, which works, but with the extra
border.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there any troubleshooting I
might do - or should I report it as a bug?

> Luigi
Jack