png editing suggestion

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Thu Feb 1 00:17:17 UTC 2018

Can someone recommend a relatively simple application for minor editing
of png files for a docbook manual?  At minimum, I need to crop some
images.  Being able to overlay small amounts of text is also useful.  I
know I can use GIMP for this, but it seems to take me lots of time to
relearn it every time I need to do something simple.

The cause here is that Spectacle has captured a number of screenshots
(active window) with some type of border around the windows, which I
think should be removed before using.  (This is something outside the
regular  window border.)  Any hints on why spectacle might be acting up
would also be welcome, but  I'll raise that as a separate issue at a
later time.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack