[Tutorials] Proposition of tutorial organization

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Mon Aug 20 19:11:10 BST 2018

Dear framework maintainers,

Hidden somewhere on techbase.kde.org, one can find this: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials

Not everything is up-to-date nor at the right level.  It's often too complex, not showing fully that Framework libs can be used alone (currently it seems that if you take one, you need the whole stack).

What I would propose is to move theses tutorials to each repo : for instance the tutorials concerning KWallet would be in the kwallet repo, under the examples folder. I made a review request here:
https://phabricator.kde.org/D14955

Several examples/tutorials can be under each lib. When this exists, the code can be used to enhance the API documentation thanks to magic  command "\snippet <sourcefile> <topic>" [1]
It would be simple to obtain such a tutorial [2] but more easy to find, and always up to date.

Please add me in copy if you answer as I'm not part of the mailing list;

Cheers
Olivier

[1] https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/API_Documentation#Nice_way:_.5Csnippet
[2] https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/First_program