D12062: Slightly update the docs, add configuration section

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 9 11:31:20 UTC 2018

rkflx added subscribers: ngraham, rkflx.
rkflx requested changes to this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  @yurchor Nice, you even used the new terminology which landed only today…

  Also, thanks for re-adding the importer section, I've been meaning to tackle this basically since the importer was added back. Never got around to it, because ideally such a change would also need to replace the KDE4-era screenshots with something more recent…

  There are a couple of changes I'd like you to make. Nothing serious, just some points to describe more accurately how Gwenview works.

  @ngraham Any additional tips on the wording in the new section?

INLINE COMMENTS

> index.docbook:221
> +
> +<listitem><para>Share: Clicking this button opens an export menu to share your images through social
> +media and image collection web services. This functionality depends on the list of installed

Shouldn't this (and `Rotate Left/Right`) get the same `<guiicon>` treatment as the items in the lines above?

> index.docbook:716
> +                <listitem>
> +                </listitem>

Either remove the first `the`, or add `checkbox` after `</guilabel>`.

> index.docbook:716
> +                <listitem>
> +                </listitem>

images items → images

> index.docbook:722
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Use slider to change the grayscale color from black (the leftmost position) to white (the rightmost position).</para>
> +                </listitem>

Use → Move the

grayscale color → color of the gray background in Browse and View mode

> index.docbook:731
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

Instead of "-", would it make sense to use something more typographically correct like "—", or is there some entity for that?

Also, I'd use a capital letter at the start of the phrase.

(Applies to all places where this was added.)

> index.docbook:737
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

Add `any` after `show`.

> index.docbook:750
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Choose the transparency in the view mode.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Choose how the background of transparent raster or SVG images is rendered."

> index.docbook:759
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

the solid color → a color

> index.docbook:767
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Choose the mouse behavior in &gwenview;.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Select how scrolling over an image in View mode behaves."

> index.docbook:770
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

That's not what this option is about. Better:

"When zoomed in, pan the image vertically. Otherwise, nothing will happen."

> index.docbook:773
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

"Switch to the next or the previous image."

> index.docbook:781
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Allows choosing the zoom mode.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Allows choosing how zooming in View mode works."

> index.docbook:787
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

zoom → zoom level

> index.docbook:790
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

"Use individual zoom levels for each image."

> index.docbook:793
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

the View mode → View mode

> index.docbook:801
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Allows choosing the animation handler for the View mode.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Allows choosing how fading between images is done in View mode."

> index.docbook:804
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

"Use hardware accelerated animations."

> index.docbook:807
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

"Do not use hardware accelerated animations. Select this option if <guilabel>OpenGL</guilabel> does not work satisfactory, but you still want to fade between images."

> index.docbook:810
> +                        <listitem>
> +                        </listitem>

"Do not use animations when switching between images."

> index.docbook:824
> +                                <listitem>
> +                                </listitem>

"Show a horizontal thumbnail strip below the image."

> index.docbook:827
> +                                <listitem>
> +                                </listitem>

"Show a vertical thumbnail strip to the right of the image."

> index.docbook:846
> +                </listitem>

this → This

(Should also be changed in the UI file, as well as improving the markup for `.thumbnails`…)

REPOSITORY
  R260 Gwenview

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12062