D5189: Partial rewrite to add and update info.

Burkhard Lück noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 28 19:18:48 UTC 2017

lueck added a comment.

  Please readd the screenshots using the default design ( https://l10n.kde.org/docs/screenshots.php )

  Thanks

INLINE COMMENTS

> index.docbook:70
> +<para>
> +&plasma; provides a modern and customizable environment for running your favorite applications and accessing your information wherever it may be. Other common attributes of the &plasma; Desktop include advanced window management and desktop effects, support for KDE Plasma Widgets, integrated search, hardware management and a high degree of customizability. &plasma;  is  simple by default and powerful when needed. This means that a user can configure pretty much anything about the desktop, but doesn't have to. It is KDE's flagship product.
> +</para>

for KDE Plasma Widgets -> do we need KDE here?

> index.docbook:107
> +<itemizedlist>
> +<listitem><para>A menu in the top left corner, which gives you options regarding widgets and activities
> +</para></listitem>

This is called the Desktop Toolbox?

> index.docbook:110-111
> +
> +<listitem><para>Hovering over the same corner will show all open apps
> +</para></listitem>
> +

Hmm, does not work for me using up to date neon-devedition-unstable

> index.docbook:275
> +<sect2 id="clocks">
> +<title>Clocks</title>
> +

Clocks appear in systemtray

> index.docbook:308
> +<sect3 id="calendar">
> +<title>Calendar</title>
> +

Calender appears in systemtray and is already part of the clock, so why a separate calendar her?

> index.docbook:372-373
>
> -<sect2 id="panel-digital-clock">
> -<title>Digital Clock</title>
> +<sect2 id="twod-plots">
> +<title>2D Plots</title>

not in the panel building plasma from source or using neon
we should stick with the defaults here, because everybody has different favorite applets
this couls be in a section with additional applets.

> index.docbook:397
> +
> +<sect2 id="calculator">
> +<title>Calculator</title>

see twod-plots

> index.docbook:407
> +<sect2 id="color-picker">
> +<title>Color Picker</title>

see twod-plots

> index.docbook:416
> +<sect2 id="comic-viewer">
> +<title>Comic Viewer</title>

see twod-plots

> index.docbook:424
> +
> +<sect2 id="monitoring-widgets">
> +<title>Monitoring Widgets</title>

see twod-plots

> index.docbook:446
> +<para>
>  </para>

True only for unlocked widgets, so this info should be added here

> index.docbook:479
> +<para>
> +</para>

is missing from the pevious version

> index.docbook:496
> +<para>
> +Use the button to open the <guilabel>Plasma Search</guilabel> &systemsettings; module and configure where and what to search for in &krunner;.
> +</para>

<inlinemediaobject><imageobject><imagedata fileref="krunner-configure.png" format="PNG"/></imageobject></inlinemediaobject>
is missing here

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

REVISION DETAIL