Willing to contribute for documentation

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Jan 26 10:56:14 UTC 2017

Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2017, 07:40:29 CET schrieb Shubham Kumar:
> Hi KDE Doc Team,
> I'm Shubham Kumar, an information science engineering undergrad from India.
> I keep avid interest in the open source movement, and the softwares it has
> brought to life. After my first KDE experience (a couple of years ago),
> my apprehension of Linux had changed altogether. I then realised how open
> source is also on an other quest, to transform plain and powerful computing
> into both beautiful and usable for all. If not for KDE, I would still
> believe that Linux is only for developers, which is still an unfortunate
> misconception amongst many. I've had the pleasure to have thoroughly
> enjoyed the vibrant experience on KDE, and I feel this is the right time to
> contribute towards this family. My family. A team willing to welcome
> beginners and appreciate their contribution is simply overwhelming. I'm
> interested in contributing to KDE, by offering my services to the
> documentation division. Hence the mail. Kindly consider my immaturity since
> I'm a beginner. I do have knowledge in XML & HTML, and will consider
> learning the DocBook standard shortly. Furthermore, being a student I'm
> also committed to my academic responsibilities, leaving a small time
> remainder. However, I shall contribute to my level best in a mission to
> make KDE better, best. Regarding what to document, I do not have any
> particular preference, and will be happy to hear from your side (as long as
> my beginner's knowledge could be put to place). For my professional
> details, kindly look into my LinkedIn profile. Do let me know if you need
> my assistance in any other way.

Hi,

On https://l10n.kde.org/docs/ in the section Writing Documentation you find
more info about the kde documentation.

We use https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/dashboard/?group=docs&view=to-group
(deprecated) and https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/91/ for reviews.

You need an account on https://identity.kde.org/

You should have uptodate Frameworks / Workspace / Application either build
from sources or - much easier - use "Developer Edition Git-Unstable" from
https://neon.kde.org/download in a virtual machine.

Thanks

--
Burkhard Lück