Willing to contribute for documentation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Jan 26 09:46:21 UTC 2017

26 січня 2017, 11:34:22, від "Shubham Kumar" <shubhamk008 at yahoo.in>:

>         Hi KDE Doc Team,
>
>         I'm Shubham Kumar, an information science engineering undergrad from India.
>
> I keep avid interest in the open source movement, and the softwares it has brought to life. After my first KDE experience (a couple of years ago), my apprehension of Linux had changed altogether.
>
> I then realised how open source is also on an other quest, to transform plain and powerful computing into both beautiful and usable for all. If not for KDE, I would still believe that Linux is only for developers, which is still an unfortunate misconception amongst many.
>
> I've had the pleasure to have thoroughly enjoyed the vibrant experience on KDE, and I feel this is the right time to contribute towards this family. My family. A team willing to welcome beginners and appreciate their contribution is simply overwhelming.
>
> I'm interested in contributing to KDE, by offering my services to the documentation division. Hence the mail. Kindly consider my immaturity since I'm a beginner. I do have knowledge in XML & HTML, and will consider learning the DocBook standard shortly. Furthermore, being a student I'm also committed to my academic responsibilities, leaving a small time remainder. However, I shall contribute to my level best in a mission to make KDE better, best.
>
>             Regarding what to document, I do not have any particular preference, and will be happy to hear from your side (as long as my beginner's knowledge could be put to place).
>
>           For my professional details, kindly look into my
>           LinkedIn profile
>           . D
>           o let me know if you need my assistance
>            in any other way.
>
>           Regards,
>
>           Shubham Kumar

Hi,

Welcome aboard!

Our documentation health table is here:

https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE_(health_table)

Our main portal is here:

https://docs.kde.org

If you have a good comman in English you can choose to proofread some up-to-date docs. In particular, there is a need in proofread/update for our finance managers Skrooge and KMyMoney, our photo managers KPhotoAlbum and digiKam, file manager Krusader, mailer Trojita.

Do not hesitate to ask questions in this ML (it would be good if you can subscribe to it ;) ).