[kwave] /: prepared for next release, v0.9.3, at 2017-01-29

Thomas Eschenbacher Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de
Sun Jan 8 10:26:20 UTC 2017

Hello Luigi,

sorry, I didn't know about that!
I searched through the KDE web sites, but found nothing about this topic.

For the moment I reverted the change to the docbook file only.

It is fine for me to follow the KDE release cycle and abandon the
old/own release scheme. But, to be consequent, there are some more
places to consider. It would be great to get some hints about how to I
handle these...

1) help_en.docbook

-> is it ok and sufficient to just remove the old version, so that it
reads like this:
"<releaseinfo>Applications 16.12</releaseinfo>" ?

-> should I rely on the release team to update this information when
needed, or do I have to take care about that in my build system / scripting?

2) kwave.lsm
-> does it still make sense to keep that file, or should I remove it?

3) README
-> same as for kwave.lsm, remove it?

4) filling KAboutData and app.setApplicationVersion(...)
-> any reference implementation about how to fill in the version field?

5) build system
-> is there any cmake variable that I can use, just in case I need the
application version number?

regards,
   Thomas