Mouse

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jan 1 18:48:33 UTC 2017

Carla Kramer ha scritto:
> Is there anyway to disable the mouse pad when an external mouse is installed?
>
> Using kde System Setting V 4.11.13

Hello,
this is the mailing list of documentation writers, so the question is off
topic here and you can probably get more help from the generic support channel
of the KDE community or from your distribution support channel.

That said, the touchpad module for systemsettings in Plasma 5 has an option
for this, but I could not find it in the only Plasma 4 system that I could
access. You may want to use and install ktouchpadenabler (see
http://tsdgeos.blogspot.com/2012/10/ktouchpadenabler-011-released.html ) and
use the special keys to enable/disable the touchpad, or write some script to
call synclient. The ArchLinux wiki has some suggestions which can probably be
extended to other distributions:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics#Disable_touchpad_on_mouse_detection

See also: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=109997

--