[Differential] [Commented On] D4814: kio_help: use doOutputBuffer and simplify unicodeError

Luigi Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 26 22:33:02 UTC 2017

ltoscano added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kio_help.cpp:136
> While at it: this change makes the method name quite strange. Rename to sendError ?

Probably historical reasons from when UTF-8 was not "da" codec, and I'm not sure I want to dig into the history

> dfaure wrote in kio_help.cpp:138
> Here the call to data() is not followed by a data(QByteArray()) ....

Right, I simply followed the old behavior, but it's easy to fix.

> dfaure wrote in kio_help.cpp:344
> ... while here the call to data() is followed by data(empty bytearray), as per the kio SlaveBase docu.
>
> I suggest making it consistent (the best solution depends on what the other calls to unicodeError() look like)

Other calls are inside get() and the corresponding usage of data does not include data(QByteArray()), so I think I would change emitFile to always add that line at the end.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4814