Help please

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Oct 27 19:40:54 UTC 2016

четвер, 27-жов-2016 19:26:41 Mark Rowan Film Safety написано:
> Hi,
> I got KDiff a few weeks ago. Tried to use it today to compare two word
> documents and all it's displaying is code. Does it only work with non rich
> text like .txt files? I've looked for options to change the view but can't
> find. I've attached a screen shot.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Mark Rowan

Hi,

Yes, KDiff3 (as any frontend to diff utility) can only compare text files.

You can either save your files as "Text Only with Line Breaks (*.txt)" before
using Kdiff3 or use Word's inbuilt comparison capabilities:

http://www.techyard.net/how-to-compare-two-word-documents-and-find-differences/

This list is for documentation writers, so your question is off topic here.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,
Yuri