Fwd: Re: Zanshin Documentation

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Nov 28 14:25:07 UTC 2016

Sorry forgot to CC you
this mistake is a good reason to subscribe to kde-doc-english ;-)

Betreff: Re: Zanshin Documentation
Datum: Montag, 28. November 2016, 15:20:03 CET
Von: Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>
An: kde-doc-english at kde.org

Hi,

Am Montag, 28. November 2016, 09:57:54 CET schrieb Cedric Bonhomme (WORK):
> Hello, We would like to write documentation for the zanshin project. We are
> a motivated group of student working on it during the kde-soc.
>
> We have kde identities and would like access to write user documentation.

What do you have in mind?

1) Online documentation on userbase.kde.org
userbase is a wiki, so you can just login and go ahead writing

2) Offline documentation accessible via F1 or Help->Zanshin Todo Handbook in
Zanshin and displayed in KHelpcenter
Please read "Writing Documentation" on https://l10n.kde.org/docs/
Offline documentation is written in docbook, but you can write plain text as
well, we can markup it to docbook, we can export userbase pages to docbook or
convert from asciidoc or similar to docbook.

Offline documentation is committed to the individual git application repos and
we use https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/groups/docs/ (obsolete review tool)
respectively https://phabricator.kde.org/ (new tools) for reviewing.

Docbook format is integrated into the translation workflow and the base to
generate output usable in KHelpcenter and the pages on docs.kde.org (html,
pdf).

Don't hesitate to ask further questions on this list, please subscribe on
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-doc-english.

Thanks

--
Burkhard Lück