[kde-doc-english] [Differential] [Commented On] D1574: Use kdoctools_install macro in create_tarball_kf5

ltoscano (Luigi Toscano) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 11 23:50:56 UTC 2016

ltoscano added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1574#29234, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > Resulting tarball for Kate: F123615: kate-16.04.tar.xz <https://phabricator.kde.org/F123615>
  >
  > To reproduce, add the following section to config.ini
  >
  >   [kate]
  >   gitModule   = yes
  >   gitTag      = v16.04.0
  >   mainmodule  = applications
  >   version     = 16.04
  >

  > The `kwrite` and `katepart` doc subfolders are not picked, because the script doesn't know about them. Are they supposed to be in the same tarball? (I would think that the kwrite docs should go in a kwrite tarball?)

  They should be, as they are part of the kate tarballs (including kwrite, it's from the same repository).
  The autodetection of the available documents is complicated, because they can be anywhere (normally inside doc/ (or docs/), but look inside few pim repositories. So maybe the config file could be extended with pointers to the doc directories.

  Autodetection of po file could be done by parsing Messages.sh and getting the generated pot files; it's an hack, but the alternative with the current system, again, is an explicit list of po files.

  We are facing the same issues (how to find the files) in the release-team scripts used for Applications, for example.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1574

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: elvisangelaccio, ltoscano