[kde-doc-english] Date settings

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Jan 21 11:22:42 UTC 2016

Hi Bruce,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 3:39 AM, Bruce Willson
<bruce.willson at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Tine is fine I am able to set the font to Bold.  I do however find it
> necessary to get within a foot of the screen to read the date, even when
> wearing my glasses.  I can find no provisionto change the font or make it
> bold as I can for the time.  Just a small thing but means a lot to me.

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately you did address your question
to a mailing list aimed at the documentation writers, which is not a
support mailing list (kde at kde.org or the forums at
http://forum.kde.org would be a better choice for that).
Anyway, to answer your question: I presume you talk about the digital
clock applet in the panel. For it to display a larger font, it needs
room, so increasing the size of the panel is sometimes necessary. Also
make sure to not tick the "show seconds" option, and set the date to
"short date", that will also help to show the time in a better way.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org