[kde-doc-english] Please stop updating projects.kde.org->quickgit.kde.org

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Apr 5 07:01:05 UTC 2016

написане Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:45:53 +0300, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>
> wrote:
>> Il 04 aprile 2016 10:11:39 CEST, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> ha
>> scritto:

>>> the old URL

>>> are broken.

>>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdesdk/okteta/repository/revisions/master/show/kasten/controllers/view/structures/examples/okteta/structures

>>> links
>>> problems

>>> that the
>>> could be
>>> requirements (like
>>> redirect to

>>> I'll wait for the list of requirements to be gathered...
>>> In any event, commits.kde.org/<repository name> is a valid redirect
>>> url for the repository browser for a given repository.
>>>
>>> No idea what we would do for file/directory browsing URLs, as commits
>>> was intended for commits.kde.org/repo/commitHash...
>>
>> I was using commits.kde.org as an example of immutable address survived
>> and will survive various transitions of the underlying webapp.
>> So the question is: would you (sysadmin) provide an reliable URL (which
>> could be still the old projects.kde.org) to access a repository and a
>> path insidie a repository, useful now for quickgit and later for
>> Diffusion?
>
> For repository, and branch I see no issue.
> I'd like to see the use case of file paths though as i'm not sure how
> much they're needed.

Hi,

Developers may refer to files or directories in the source tree for the
materials that are not parts of distribution packages.

Examples:

1. KGeography has scripts to create maps in the source tree:

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdeedu/kgeography/how-to-maps.html

2. Krusader has instructions on how to compile it (INSTALL file):

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-utils/krusader/compilation.html

3. Okteta has examples of structures in the source tree (see "Further
information" section at the bottom):

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdesdk/okteta/tools-structures.html#idp60879664

I'm not saying that storing such information directly in the sources is an
ideal solution, but it worked by now.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri