[kde-doc-english] Please stop updating projects.kde.org->quickgit.kde.org

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 4 08:32:04 UTC 2016

Il 04 aprile 2016 10:11:39 CEST, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> ha scritto:
>On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Luigi Toscano
><luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
>>> написане Sun, 03 Apr 2016 13:19:35 +0300, Luigi Toscano

>the old URL
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Regretfully, this works for the main page only. Links to the files
>are broken.
>>>
>>> Example (Okteta):
>>>

>https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdesdk/okteta/repository/revisions/master/show/kasten/controllers/view/structures/examples/okteta/structures
>>>

>>> It is good to wait for the new Phabricator, but I prefer the correct
>links
>>> now. And yes, I can do it again (change the links) as soon as the
>problems
>>> with Phabricator browser (?) will be resolved.
>>
>> I didn't mean that we need to wait for the new Phabricator. Given
>that the
>> changes are going into master only anyway, we could wait a bit (which
>could be
>> something like from few hours to few days) to collect the
>requirements (like
>> the one above) and see if it is possible to have an URL which will
>redirect to
>> the proper place, so quickgit for now and Phabricator later, like
>> commits.kde.org does.
>>
>> If we don't even ask or discuss, it won't never happen.
>
>I'll wait for the list of requirements to be gathered...
>In any event, commits.kde.org/<repository name> is a valid redirect
>url for the repository browser for a given repository.
>
>No idea what we would do for file/directory browsing URLs, as commits
>was intended for commits.kde.org/repo/commitHash...

I was using commits.kde.org as an example of immutable address survived and will survive various transitions of the underlying webapp.
So the question is: would you (sysadmin) provide an reliable URL (which could be still the old projects.kde.org) to access a repository and a path insidie a repository, useful now for quickgit and later for Diffusion?

Ciao

--
Luigi