[kde-doc-english] where are the (translated) license texts in KF5 ?

Thomas Eschenbacher Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de
Thu Oct 15 20:12:14 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have ported my application to KF5 and wonder where I can get the full
license texts (e.g. for GPL2+). I had that in my help/about dialog under
KDE4, but now KAboutLicense::text() only returns one single sentence
with the "ShortName".

In the source of kaboutdata.cpp (kcoreaddons-5.14.0 / Gentoo Linux) I
see that the code searches for a file "LICENSES/GPL_V2" in
QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation (which is a list that contains
"/usr/share") - but that does not work. I only have
/usr/share/apps/LICENSES/GPL_V2 - but that one belongs to an old KDE4
installation and is not found.

Is there some secret/special package that I need to install to get those
license texts?

Or is that a known bug (or collateral damage) of the KDE4 -> KF5 porting?

And what about translations, are there translated versions?

kind regards,
   Thomas