[kde-doc-english] how do I change timeout settings?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at pharma-traduction.ch
Mon Oct 12 13:41:18 UTC 2015

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Kevin Bjornson
<kevinscottbjornson at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I pause to read, or make a sandwich, etc. after about 30 seconds I am
> locked out and have to enter the password. This happens about 20x each day.
>
> I tried searching for this answer in the manual, no results. Thanks if you
> help me.

Have a look at the Systemsettings -> Power management where you can
change the behavior. The first occurrence is to change the timeout,
and in the advanced settings tab you can disable the screen lock.
Assuming you use KDE 4.x, of course, unfortunately you didn't tell
which exact KDE release you were using.

FWIW: this mailing list is meant for people who write documentation,
if you are looking for support I suggest you either use the support
mailing list at kde at kde.org or use our forums at http://forum.kde.org

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org