[kde-doc-english] Dolphin guide

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Nov 13 16:32:19 UTC 2015

написане Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:23:46 +0200, David Both
<dboth at millennium-technology.com>:

> A few months ago I wrote an article about Dolphin
> <https://opensource.com/life/15/8/comprehensive-guide-dolphin-file-manager>
> on OpenSource.com <https://opensource.com>. One of the readers of that
> article, Pierre4L, took that as a starting place and added a great deal
> more to it to create an even more comprehensive document. I am currently
> proofreading the resulting document.
>
> The folks on the IRC channel suggested we send this information to the
> mailing list. So here is a link to our
> document.http://www.databook.bz/downloads/Dolphin_guide.pdf
> <http://www.databook.bz/downloads/Dolphin_guide.pdf> We also have the
> .odt version if you are interested in it.
>
> We would love to have the PDF version made available on the KDE docs web
> site and would be happy to have it merged into the official
> documentation if you think that there is any value to that.
>
> Once the document is posted on the KDE website, I also want to write
> another article for OpenSource.com about contributing to Open Source and
> how this particular document came to be.
>
> Here is a link to my bio <https://opensource.com/users/dboth> on
> OpenSource.com so you can see some of the articles I have written for
> them, including one on KDE
> <https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde>. I also have a
> web site of my own you might be interested in at http://www.databook.bz.
>
> Please let us know how to proceed. We want to help by contributing this
> and other documents as well.
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea how we can use this material?

Just some options:

1. Add as an attachment to Dolphin page on UserBase.

2. Merge/Replace the current docs to have a complete view on some topics.

3. Put it on some open books site like flossmanuals.net and add a link to
UserBase page and offline Dolphin manual.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Best regards,
Yuri