[kde-doc-english] create_tarball.rb and l10n-kf5

Steve Allewell steve.allewell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:41:22 UTC 2015

I was having a look over the create_tarball.rb script and it appears to
be hard coded for l10n-kde4 and also uses kde4_create_handbook. Is this
still a preferred method of packaging an application with its
translations for KF5?  Perhaps I missed something.  Two of my upcoming
application release are KF5 based and I want to be able to pull in the
correct translation files.

I don't mind having a go at updating the script, although ruby isn't a
language I have used before.

I wasn't sure if someone was already looking at this update so thought I
should ask first, or is there another way of packaging now?

Best regards

Steve